Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Eureka!

I have discovered this magical thing called a blog. Apparently this makes me cutting edge... Because no one has a blog these days. Yeah, I am just that special. Well for an introductory post, I guess I better go through with an introduction.

This blog will be a blog focused almost exclusively on politics. There will likely be no amusing anecdotes about life and love, just my self-important writings on the happenings of the political cycle. I might comment on generally newsworthy items too. Although the general spin will lean towards politics. For instance, I currently post frequently on the "Arena" section of Politico (which I highly encourage people to read and contribute to, check them out on Facebook too!). Parts of this blog will be a reposting of my answers there and any elaboration if necessary since I feel not like cluttering the Arena with all my inane thoughts. I instead subject whatever bored reader happens to stumble upon this blog. Now that I've explained the blog (a bit), a bit about myself.

My name is Garrett Imeson. I am 20 years old and I am a personal trainer and manager of a weight lifting facility. I graduated from the University of Washington in June 2008 with a degree in history. Voila, my bio. My important than this information is a slight inkling into my politics. The term "Conservative Realist" was coined (to my rudimentary knowledge) by a college roommate of mine Erik. I have pilfered the term for myself. I am a fiscal conservative first and foremost. However, I am also realistic in the fact that total fiscal conservatism can never be achieved, especially these days. In an ideal world, there would be no need for bailouts and welfare and the plethora of social programs that exist in this country. But the world is not now and never will be ideal. The goal then becomes to examine the political options of the day and weigh what is not too conservative and not too liberal. Its a tightrope I pretend I can walk. Because I do not have to, or if I do, I get an incredible safety net of actually having no power. So read on in the musings of this self-proclaimed "Conservative Realist"

1 comment:

  1. *claps furvently* YAY!!! AND TODAY WE CELEBRATE THE BIRTH OF A NEW BLOGGER!!! HAPPINESS!!!!

    ReplyDelete